New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

ettercap

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Cpt. Morgan

Cpt. Morgan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20", 2.4ghz iMac/4 gigs of ram + a 2.1ghz MacBook/160gb 7200 rpm Seagate HD/1 gig of ram

Alright, well I've been trying to install ettercap (precisely 0.7.3) and haven't had much luck (I have yet to find a simple guide to installation). I've installed MacPorts (which I believe is all I need) but when I enter

sudo port -d update

I end up with this after much text in terminal.

while executing
"macports::selfupdate [array get global_options]"
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: selfupdate failed: Error installing new MacPorts base: shell command "cd /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/base && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-install-user=root --with-install-group=admin --with-tclpackage=/Library/Tcl && make && make install" returned error 1
Command output: checking build system type... i686-apple-darwin9.2.2
checking host system type... i686-apple-darwin9.2.2
checking target system type... i686-apple-darwin9.2.2
checking for sw_vers... sw_vers
checking Mac OS X version... 10.5.2
checking MacPorts version... 1.6.0
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl.exe... no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.

Any help here. I'd like to get ettercap up in running, because KisMac is a failure if you lack the proper hardware, and ettercap is the only other program I know that is useful for sniffing etc. I'd rather not use Cain and Able.

Thank you for you time.
Cpt. Morgan
QUOTE Thanks
caller_77

caller_77 is on a distinguished road

up ,,, me 2
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Morgan View Post
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
You need to install Developer Tools (also known as Xcode) from your install disk, or download from Apple Developer Connection.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to control Show Font and Show Color menu items? | how to import an existing project into xcode 3? »