Thread: Anything like windows service...
05-19-2008, 07:36 AM #1
Anything like windows service...
- Member Since
- May 19, 2008
I had the following questions regarding the Mac:
1. How can configure FTP serve on the mini Mac?
2. How can I auto start an application (postgres etc) on mini Mac. (Same as Windows Service)?
3. How can I activate a PHP application if and only if a file is written to a folder in Mini Mac?
== OR == run a PHP application every 10 seconds?
05-22-2008, 03:59 AM #2
- Member Since
- Jun 25, 2005
- On the road
- 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
The answers may depend on your version of OS X. So what version is it?
1. Open System Preferences, click on the Sharing tab and poke around. It might be easiest to type the letters, ftp, into the search box of System Preferences (dependent on OS X version) and watch what happens. Cool uh!
2. The right way for services is suppose to be launchd, but if it is for a personal login I think you might get away with a Login Items entry for the user. Unix admins may still use rc.local.
3. Folder Actions perhaps. Old Unix users may still use cron. Launchd I think can be used here too in the same way as cron.CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.
When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.
Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Cory in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 2Last Post: 08-04-2011, 11:23 AM
By toptoff in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your MacReplies: 1Last Post: 04-13-2010, 03:32 PM
By iLaw in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 09-29-2009, 11:49 PM
By IckyThump in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your MacReplies: 10Last Post: 12-29-2007, 09:13 AM
By fruvos in forum iPod Hardware and AccessoriesReplies: 1Last Post: 09-16-2006, 11:45 AM