New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

Permission denied (publickey).

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

piduruviswa

piduruviswa is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone,

This site is really impressive lot of useful info. I am a new user (Just registered ). I have started using mac from few days. I am struck on some problem if some one had encountered/aware of this please help

I am trying to install a database. From terminal I have logged in as root user and have added the hostname in the /etc/hostconfig file. After which I tried connecting through ssh to the user "Viswanath" I got the below error

sh-3.2# hostname
Viswanath

sh-3.2# ssh Viswanath@Viswanath

sh-3.2# ping Viswanath
PING Viswanath (216.255.187.213): 56 data bytes
^Z
[2]+ Stopped(SIGTSTP) ping Viswanath

sh-3.2# ssh Viswanath@216.255.187.213

In the database which I am installing there is a step which I am supposed to execute during which it started asking me (Pls find the log below) for the password continuously even after entering the password. Then to check if I could login to my user using ssh I followed the above process even that didn't work

sh-3.2# gpssh-exkeys -h Viswanath
/usr/local/greenplum-db-3.1.1.1/bin/lib/paramiko/pkey.py:28: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module Crypto.Cipher.DES3: This Python has API version 1013, module Crypto.Cipher.DES3 has version 1012.
from Crypto.Cipher import DES3
/usr/local/greenplum-db-3.1.1.1/bin/lib/paramiko/transport.py:53: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module Crypto.Cipher.Blowfish: This Python has API version 1013, module Crypto.Cipher.Blowfish has version 1012.
from Crypto.Cipher import Blowfish, AES, DES3
/usr/local/greenplum-db-3.1.1.1/bin/lib/paramiko/transport.py:53: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module Crypto.Cipher.AES: This Python has API version 1013, module Crypto.Cipher.AES has version 1012.
from Crypto.Cipher import Blowfish, AES, DES3
[STEP 1 of 5] create local ID
... /var/root/.ssh/id_rsa file exists ... skipped

[STEP 2 of 5] keyscan all hosts and update known_hosts file
# Viswanath SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.5p1 FreeBSD-20061110
no hostkey alg

[STEP 3 of 5] copy public key to remote host
... send to Viswanath@Viswanath
*** Enter password for Viswanath@Viswanath:
[ERROR Viswanath@Viswanath] Unknown server Viswanath
[ERROR Viswanath@Viswanath] Unknown server Viswanath
[3]+ Stopped(SIGTSTP) gpssh-exkeys -h Viswanath

I also tried creating a new user from the system preferences--> accounts and then tried connecting through ssh but all my tries went in vain.

sh-3.2# ssh gpadmin@Viswanath

If some one is aware of the solution please help.

Thanks & regards
Vish
QUOTE Thanks
piduruviswa

piduruviswa is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

The issue is solved. Need to change the permissions for ssh folder also /etc/hosts file need you add
127.0.0.1 hostname...

Later which it worked...

Thanks & Regards
Vish
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« C++ AI in Xcode | Problem while trying to compile parser generator code through "yacc" or "bison" under »