Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Safari/Firefox frequently crashing?
    Hi,
    I'm on tiger, recently my safari/firefox often abruptly keeps crashing, does anyone know what the problem is? or a possible solution? thanks

Specs:
    MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
    Browser problems with websites using Flash
    Has anyone noticed browser lock up issues with certain Flash contents websites like ESPN.com, TMZ.com, buy.com, etc. This problem seemed to start sometime yesterday. ESPN is one of my favorite websites and I was going nuts trying to figure out what was going on. At any rate, I had to end up disabling Plug-ins on both Safari and Firefox in order to be able to access the website. Hopefully this is only temporary until the problem is figured out. Am I the only one having this problem?

Specs:
    iMac - 24", 2.8 GHz Extreme, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD | iPod Nano 3G, 4GB
    I'm in the same boat as you. Started yesterday. ESPN locks up Safari and I have to restart the machine. No clue as to what the deal is.

Specs:
    15" PowerBook G4
    I've had the same problem today. It started early this morning when I went to ESPN. I've also noticed CNET and youtube crash safari. I downloaded firefox hoping that it would work, but it also crashed on the same sites.

ESPN seems fine with Firefox. I clicked on the Shaq link to see what would happen, and the clip played flawlessly.

Same here. ESPN almost always crashed Firefox/Safari. Constantly crashes at other sites too. Tried deleting cookies and that didn't help. Anyone know what to do? I need ESPN.....

Specs:
    15" PowerBook G4
    I've got a partial solution to the problem.

If you go into Preferences>Security and then uncheck "Plug-ins," the problem desists.

If there's a better solution, I'm open to it.

Specs:
    MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Study View Post
    ESPN seems fine with Firefox. I clicked on the Shaq link to see what would happen, and the clip played flawlessly.
    What version of OS X are you using? I could be a Leopard specific problem. I research a bit more on the Apple website and found that many others are having the same problem I am having.

espn.com freezing on both firefox and safari
    Whenever I go to espn.com or any website with any espn video or any content on it, my browser freezes and I have to force quit. I've tried clearing caches and cookies, restarting the computer and nothing helps. does anyone know how to fix this?
    thank you thank you

Quote Originally Posted by wcarr3 View Post
    What version of OS X are you using? I could be a Leopard specific problem. I research a bit more on the Apple website and found that many others are having the same problem I am having.
    Came across this on Mozilla's forums that mentions the problem with Safari, as well. There's a link in the Mozilla thread to Apple's site, probably the one you mention, where there's a long thread with the same complaints.

As you say, it might be a problem with Leopard, or maybe Intel Macs only. My G4 is running Tiger 10.4.11 and Firefox 2.0.0.12.

Specs:
    Macbook air, pro ipad air
    I am having a similar problem with a site I frequently visit. It started yesterday and still cannot get it with safari or firefox . I have plenty of windows PC's in the biz and am having no problem with them.

I have an IMAC intel with Leopard

Specs:
    Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
    Mine, too. The problem is on their end.

There are a couple of threads about this, here and here.

Maybe there was a Leopard software "update" that ran automagically if that option is turned on.

Specs:
    20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
    For what is worth, I've seen the same issue that seems to be associated with Java. Even with Firefox, although the browser works, the rendering is slow and hesitant. I ran the system maintenance routine including repair permission to see if it would take care of the issue, and to some extent, it did. But the hesitation is still there. I wonder if Apple pushed out a minor update or something these past couple of days. The only thing that I have added this past week is that I re-installed the Mac OS X 10.5.2 combo update. No other changes. So this hesitation that my system seems to be experiencing sort of caught me by surprise.

Hope Springs Eternal
    Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz!

Thread Information