Why are all torrent clients for Mac so slow?
    Have not found 1 single torrent client that can get any speed past 0.1 kb a sec! AWFULL! Arrrrrrrgh.

Bittorrent etc on pc works a treat! whats wrong!!!!?!?!?!?!?

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by radirgyman View Post
    Have not found 1 single torrent client that can get any speed past 0.1 kb a sec! AWFULL! Arrrrrrrgh.

Bittorrent etc on pc works a treat! whats wrong!!!!?!?!?!?!?

Transmission works fine. I've heard good things about the client built into Opera and some people swear by Azureus.

I suspect your problem lies with the required port not being open on your mac firewall or router.

Thanks i just tried transmission and same..Its awful!
    Is there a built in Mac firewall? I have an Imac..
    Just purchased it few weeks back..I dont know that much about Mac..

OK i just checked it and my firewall states . Allow all incoming connections"
    Still bad..

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by radirgyman View Post
    OK i just checked it and my firewall states . Allow all incoming connections"
    Still bad..
    if you go into transmission preferences it will tell you which port it's trying to use and whether it's open. You can either change this to match the port you were using on the PC. Or you can open up a new port on your router.

This site: http://portforward.com/routers.htm has info for most common routers on how to set up port forwarding.

Ok thanks..but i find it too hard to follow..
    One other thing..I may post a new post for it..

When using limewire i get tunes fine.. but any series-shows etc Video works but no SOUND!?

Is your ISP Comcast, by chance? They are deliberately hobbling the ports that file sharing clients use.

Specs:
    2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    Is your ISP Comcast, by chance? They are deliberately hobbling the ports that file sharing clients use.
    Which they're getting in heaps of trouble for, I heard. If the PC for the OP is doing fine, we can rule that out, though.

The Visual Portfolio
    I hate mac zealots as much as windows/other OS zealots.

Specs:
    iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano
    Depending on the health of the torrent, I can download a movie faster than it takes to watch!
    schweb This has to be one of the best threads ever in MF history...
    Cherokee This gets my vote for most innovative thread on Mac-Forums... ever.

Specs:
    Sooper Fast!
    If you're downloading legal non copyrighted material, it sounds like the problem has to do with port forwarding. It's really easy to setup, you need to know:

The port your client is attempting to access
    the computer's ip addess
    the router's ip address for the menu page (usually 192.168.2.1 or something similar)

The Mac's ip addy can be found in the network window under the computer preferences and the port the client is using can be found under the client's options.

You should also setup a static IP if this is a stationary computer, or else you may have to change the port's IP in the router when you restart.

Log into the router, there should be a section for port forwarding. In this section you'll want to create a new service for the computer's IP and the client's ports. Test the port in the client and it should be good to go.

If you're downloading copyrighted material illegally, you probably shouldn't and this post will be deleted.
    Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
    Capitol Sound Blog

Specs:
    iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano
    Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
    If you're downloading legal non copyrighted material, it sounds like the problem has to do with port forwarding. It's really easy to setup, you need to know:

The port your client is attempting to access
    the computer's ip addess
    the router's ip address for the menu page (usually 192.168.2.1 or something similar)

The Mac's ip addy can be found in the network window under the computer preferences and the port the client is using can be found under the client's options.

You should also setup a static IP if this is a stationary computer, or else you may have to change the port's IP in the router when you restart.

Log into the router, there should be a section for port forwarding. In this section you'll want to create a new service for the computer's IP and the client's ports. Test the port in the client and it should be good to go.

If you're downloading copyrighted material illegally, you probably shouldn't and this post will be deleted.
    Or just turn on UPNP
    And if it comes down to it, set your machine as the DMZ server.

Thread Information