New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Firefox and MacBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tesla760

Tesla760 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook 2.4GHz - 2GB Ram - 160GB - 8x Super Drive

I downloaded firefox on my macbook and am wondering how I can go back and forth using the keyboard, I did searches and found command-backspace is a way to do this but it is not working.. any help would b great, thanks!!

-Nick
QUOTE Thanks
srmorris2

srmorris2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.2 Ghz 2GB Ram 120 GB HD

Command TAB For changing programs
Ctrl TAB to change tabs in firefox. what are you looking to do exactly?

-Scuba Steve-
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla760 View Post
I downloaded firefox on my macbook and am wondering how I can go back and forth using the keyboard, I did searches and found command-backspace is a way to do this but it is not working.. any help would b great, thanks!!

-Nick
Pressing backspace definitely goes back a page if that's what you're after.

If it's not working, make sure you have the 'All Controls' radio button clicked in System Preferences - Keyboard & Mouse - Keyboard shortcuts

HTH
mrplow
QUOTE Thanks
chrisiw

chrisiw is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.

One thing I find with Firefox, is that the UP and Down keys dont scroll slow as does Safari, I have looked at the Pref in Firfox but cant see any options to alter this...........any ideas guys.
Thanks Chris
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisiw View Post
One thing I find with Firefox, is that the UP and Down keys dont scroll slow as does Safari, I have looked at the Pref in Firfox but cant see any options to alter this...........any ideas guys.
Thanks Chris
I'll have to try that when I get home from work. I suspect you need to click within the page somewhere for it to work. Though to be honest i find that 2 finger scrolling on the touchpad is the best way to scroll around a page. Really miss that when I have to use my Windows laptop.
QUOTE Thanks
Tesla760

Tesla760 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook 2.4GHz - 2GB Ram - 160GB - 8x Super Drive

Backspace is what I was looking for, I wanted to go Back pages, how do I go forward pages?
QUOTE Thanks
blah

blah is on a distinguished road

http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Shortcuts
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Command + arrow keys to go back and forward

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla760 View Post
Backspace is what I was looking for, I wanted to go Back pages, how do I go forward pages?
cmd+[
cmd+]

work as back and forward
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Why are all torrent clients for Mac so slow? | Entourage wont sent message!!! help!!!! »