New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

help authenticating!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nordini

Nordini is on a distinguished road

ok pretty much every time i try to install an application or something it tells me i need to authenticate by entering the admin's name and my password.

I know my admin name and i know my password but everytime i enter it it says "you must type an administrators name and password to make changes to finder" even though thats exactly what im doing. and i know its correct becuse if i type in the wrong password it syas " you have entered an invalid username or password"

Whats wrong?
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

you are not an administrator it sounds like. Are you the only account on your computer? Is this Leopard? If so, did the computer come with it or did you upgrade?

If you are the only user on this computer and are the admin, and you started off with tiger and upgraded to leopard then this link will help you : http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306876

If you are not the administrator then call them and tell them you would like to install an application, I'm sure if they approve the application they will be more then willing to assist you.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
Nordini

Nordini is on a distinguished road

but i am an administrator.

im the only account on this laptop, its a MacBook. and its very new so it was shipped and preloaded with Leopard so i havent done any upgrades like that.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

hmm... try creating a new user account that is an admin then try using that name and password.. just as a diagnostics measure.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quicktime | iPhoto problem loading »