New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

.mac, mail and peer guardian

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

section8joe

section8joe is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 1.25 15inch powerbook

I installed peer guardian today and now my .mac mail is not working. I'm getting this error message "The server error encountered was: The server “mail.mac.com” refused to allow a connection on port 143.". My .mac mail is working on my iphone and using the .mac webmail. I also installed Peer Guardian today and I think that may have caused the problem. I uninstalled PG and I'm still having trouble. Can someone help me out?
QUOTE Thanks
Imastupidaso

Imastupidaso is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel 2GB RAM Leopard

yeah i had a similar problem. When you try to trash peer guardian, it may tell you somefiles can't be deleted because "in use" keep them in trash restart and hold either option or shift i think, and delete. it should get rid of it. Also, you could reinstall PG and then just disable it when you want to check your mail. That always worked for me.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« TeamSpeak for Mac... | Digital Planner for MACS »