New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Final Cut Pro, and few other apps won't launch

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ghettoskatearmy

Ghettoskatearmy is on a distinguished road

hi there people, I've had my macbook pro for about 2 years now. I have always had final cut EXPRESS on it, but about 4 months ago I borrowed the complete final cut studio suite from a friend and installed all the programs including final cut pro. it all worked then, and I haven't touched the apps in a few months. well Now I am using them for school, and final cut pro, and motion will not launch after clicking them, or (double clicking them) the icons will bounce once, indicating I have clicked them, but otherwise won't do anything else. I don't understand how this is not working, considering these were the real apps installed. and if you're opinion is because its already my friends copy (and serial number), well thats not the case, cause 1. some of the apps like dvd studio pro, and soundtrack pro work, however final cut and motion won't even do anything after clicking them. if it was the serial # issue, it would at least pop up the app, and say "hey man, this ain't your copy"

so if you have had this problem, or know what to do , I would greatly apreciate your help.

by the way, the program itself says its over 400mb so it seems like its all there...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sage | New iMac Question! »