New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

MacBook - MSN messenger for Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mnthom5

mnthom5 is on a distinguished road

I am currently using the "MSN messenger for Mac" version of the messenger and I am wondering if anyone knows how to go about fixing alerts for new messages. I have looked through the settings and I have it set to where if someone messages me, the message comes up then disappears then the little MSN men icon bounces for 15-20 seconds... after that, there is no indication of a new message. If for some reason I leave my computer and someone messages me, it is a while before I even find the message... does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get an alert that shows until I see the message?
QUOTE Thanks
Chimpur

Chimpur is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: See Signature

You could keep msn the top app and then you could see it
QUOTE Thanks
mnthom5

mnthom5 is on a distinguished road

what do you mean by keeping it the top application? how do you do this? I'm willing to try whatever...
QUOTE Thanks
Chimpur

Chimpur is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: See Signature

I mean minimize anything else thats potentially open.... You could do that, or i've just developed a habit o checking in on msn now and then.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

You may want to consider trying Adium the all-in-one Mac IM client.

http://www.adiumx.com/

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Scroll X - Awesome iPhone scrolling for the Mac | Safari Quitting Multiple Times Per Day »