New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iTunes help needed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

melmation

melmation has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive

hello,

I got an ipod touch recently and was wondering how you make it synch just the music you want instead of all the music in iTunes?

when I sync, I let it do all the music and then manually manage the music by deselecting the tracks I don't want and deleting them off the ipod, but then when i click movies or something else, it says that it has to reload all my music on there again, so it is another task of waiting for ages and them deleting the stuff i don't want.

If anyone could tell me how to do this I would be ever so greatfull.

Mel

MacBook Pro 1.83Ghz 2Gb RAM 320Gb hard drive
iPhone 4 16Gb
iPod photo 20Gb
QUOTE Thanks
iLindzo

iLindzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads

My only advice would be to not have your iPod sync automatically. If you're going to go through and add/remove certain songs anyways, you might as well just have it sync what you want. If the Touch is like the iPhone, just create playlists in iTunes with the specific songs you want and then sync only those playlists.

Mac users swear by their computers. PC users swear at their computers.
QUOTE Thanks
charliecrosslan

charliecrosslan will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB

In the summary tab, there is a box that you can tick that says 'Only sync selected songs'. Dead easy and that
QUOTE Thanks
melmation

melmation has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive

Cheers ma dears!, the first tip worked a treat, just put all the songs/albums I wanted onto a playlist et Voila!

As per this ticky tick box for just syncing selected songs, I'll have to give it a look see when I next sync up.

Thank you for your replies.

Mel

MacBook Pro 1.83Ghz 2Gb RAM 320Gb hard drive
iPhone 4 16Gb
iPod photo 20Gb
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Itunes 7.5 also allows you to sync only a selected playlist, that's what I do - I just sync the playlist I have made called ipod
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhoto help | Removing Photos and Videos from the Web Gallery? »