New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Diablo II installation.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

onlyhuman

onlyhuman is on a distinguished road

I've read all the other threads on installing Diablo II, so this isn't some n00bish repetition.

Basically, I need this but the link doesn't work. I've had a few other people test it, so I don't think its just me.

I've informed Blizzard it doesn't work, but they haven't got back to me.

So what I was wondering, given that a at least a few people had a copy of the installer at one point, is whether someone has a copy kicking around they could send me?

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
lisette

lisette is on a distinguished road

ok forgive me but i AM noobish where installing these games are concerned. What used to work for my ibook doesn't work for my MacBook now.

i only get a blank screen. The blizzard screen doesn't even appear. Would appreciate if someone could give me a step-by-step? *am getting withdrawal symptoms already.....* )

(I have the http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2/..._Installer.dmg thingie. and have deleted all traces of Diablo from the mac. What's next?)

Thanks!!
QUOTE Thanks
kristokn

kristokn is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure Diablo II is too old to run on the latest OS X versions or even on Intel hardware -- unless you use a Classic mac emulator of some kind.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 13in macbook - 10.10.1

Diablo II runs just fine on OS X. Running it on 10.4.11 here.
I think there is another issue with Intel macs and I think there is a patch for it but not really sure as I have a PPC.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« preview not working | photobooth ichat effects? »