New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Day Planner

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Retox

Retox is on a distinguished road

I'm looking for a day planner any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

iPhone!
QUOTE Thanks
TamiRene

TamiRene is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool

Blackberry

"There are those who talk, and without knowledge or forethought reveal a truth which they themselves do not understand."

-Khalil Jibran
QUOTE Thanks
JeffreyLloyd

JeffreyLloyd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard

iPhone/iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Honestly, the iPhone/Touch is a poor supplement to a real planner. For one it doesn't have some planner essentials like a task list or to-do list. Also, it doesn't have the ability to add custom apps that may help you customize and optimize your planning, which are readily available for platforms like Palm OS.

At this point they're just not a good replacement, but hopefully 3rd party apps will change that. The SDK comes out in February and there's no telling exactly how long it will take for developers to come out with any apps, let alone some quality apps. If I needed a full-fledged planner very soon, especially for business, I would probably go with a RIM (Blackberry) or Palm product. There are various programs which make it possible to sync these devices with you Mac.

Since you're posting in the Apps and Games subforum, I guess you could also be talking about an app on your MAc. If that's the case, I really like Entourage. Unlike the Mac programs Entourage brings all your communication and organization apps under one roof, which I really like. Plus, unlike it's cousin Outlook, Entourage has a feature called Projects which can really help you organize any kind of project or major event. I use it to organize my grad school classes.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

Well, it would be useful to know what kind of things would needed for your dayplanner.

With iPhone and .mac my notes sync right into my inbox. So all of my to dos go there. And with the new firmware with WebClips it's easier than ever to use web apps.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakineyj View Post
iPhone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiRene View Post
Blackberry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyLloyd View Post
iPhone/iPod Touch
And not a single one of those would answer the OP's question...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Since you're posting in the Apps and Games subforum, I guess you could also be talking about an app on your MAc.
Bingo!

But, the OP would have to clarify this.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

^^ heh, I wrote the first 2 paragraphs, then realized what subforum I was in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakineyj View Post
Well, it would be useful to know what kind of things would needed for your dayplanner.

With iPhone and .mac my notes sync right into my inbox. So all of my to dos go there. And with the new firmware with WebClips it's easier than ever to use web apps.
How do you get your tasks to go to your iPhone with .Mac? I have .Mac, but I don't know if you would want this since I have probably more than 100 tasks in my list (import from Entourage's project feature which holds all my grad school tasks for the semester). I'll have to check it out to see if it's usable for me.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

I didn't say it was the best way but...

In the Mail App, select your .Mac account. At the top of the window in the middle there is a note button. Hit that, on the first line give it a name, that will show up as the subject. Then make a list of whatever you want. Then click done. The "note" is stored in your .mac inbox and is automaticly synced to your iPhone in you .mac inbox. You can't really edit it on the phone but you can on the computer.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iWork or MSO? | Messed Up My Keychain! »