New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

MacBook - Video Capture in Photo Booth Sucking?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JHSBalla5

JHSBalla5 is on a distinguished road

It's laggy, does anyone one if I can fix this? Or if I can use something different for video capture?
QUOTE Thanks
Kuwisdelu

Kuwisdelu is on a distinguished road

I didn't even know you could use Photo Booth for video capture. Use iMovie. If there's no other input device, it should default to iSight; either that or you can change it to use iSight as the input device.
QUOTE Thanks
JHSBalla5

Dear Sir, may I inquire what you are referring to when you say "input device"?
QUOTE Thanks
Kuwisdelu

Kuwisdelu is on a distinguished road

Open iMovie. There's a little slider to the left of the Play/Pause etc. controls with a little "camera" and "scissors" icons on either side. Click to move the slider to the side with the "camera" icon. If it doesn't automatically default to your iSight, clicking the "camera" icon should give you a drop-down menu with "Built-in iSight" as an option. Now you should be looking at yourself just like in Photo Booth. Now just hit "Record with iSight" and have a blast.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Photo Booth can be used to record video under Leopard.

It's probably laggy because you have one of the video effects enabled.
Due to the limitations of the graphics card in the Macbook, enabling effects will cause a fair bit of slowdown as they are rendered "on the fly".
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

It's pretty laggy in iMove 08 for me too, as well as photobooth. It's only during capture. It just gets choppy and stuff.

QUOTE Thanks
JHSBalla5

Thanks for the help. And if you're going to fix my language at least spell it right. Inquire*
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHSBalla5 View Post
Thanks for the help. And if you're going to fix my language at least spell it right. Inquire*
Haha - fair enough!

Fixed kind sir!
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

Is the live image choppy, or the resulting video file? I think it's fair if the computer has to drop live preview frames in order to keep the frame rate in the resulting file steady.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PDF's | Admin icon/picture? »