Specs:
    MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
    Whats the best dvd ripper?
    The best one ive seen (for free, that is) is handbrake, but that is apparently slow. can anyone recommend any other apps for dvd ripping?

Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
    If you want to rip a dvd to your computer, the best is MacTheRipper. But that just basically copies the DVD in the audio_TS and video_TS files.

If you want to process them into something like a .mp4 file, then handbrake is probably the best. There are better programs, but they're not free. They'll all be kind of slow because it just takes time to process them. The only way to speed it up is to get a super-fast computer.
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

Specs:
    2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
    yh mac the ripper is good i prefer Handbrake though

Specs:
    MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
    The thing with handbrake though is that i did about 5/6 dvds, then it just wouldnt do the whole film. It said after like 10seconds that it was done, but the film/file is not there in my movies folder (or anywhere else). This happebed on both my imac and macbook at about the same time(6 DVDs)

What is this????

Specs:
    macbook
    Quote Originally Posted by charliecrosslan View Post
    The thing with handbrake though is that i did about 5/6 dvds, then it just wouldnt do the whole film. It said after like 10seconds that it was done, but the film/file is not there in my movies folder (or anywhere else). This happebed on both my imac and macbook at about the same time(6 DVDs)

What is this????
    maybe check which chapter you're ripping. By default, I think it automatically selects the overall longest, or first longest chapter. Just check that the duration is the same as the movie. Maybe it's grabbing one of the menu chapters somehow?

If it's not that, I'd uninstall or trash everything associated with the app and reinstall. Maybe a file is missing or was moved somehow. If there's anything wrong somewhere, a reinstall should fix it up. Maybe check if there's an updated version at all.

Also, wasn't Handbrake replaced by Mediafork?

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Can't really go into any detail as this forum abides by US law and discussion of direct circumvention is not allowed here.

edit: deleted
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    I deleted it and then reinstalled, it works alright now, but not with the movie i was usin before. mustve been the disc/ movie

Specs:
    Imac 20" with 3Gb RAM and a 13"Macbook with 4Gb RAM
    Yea several times if the disk is scratched...then it presumes the disk to be over and stops there. Happened with me several times on a couple of disks, till the scratches were the only common things i found in them.

I just downloaded Handbrake yesterday and it literally took 10-11 hrs. to rip a 1:13 movie. Is that normal? Also I put the movie into iTunes with no problem but it won't transfer to my iPhone because it says it can't play it. Any ideas?

Thread Information