New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iTunes rentals - 24 hours is not enough

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CaptSaltyJack

CaptSaltyJack is on a distinguished road

Anyone else feel that 24 hours is not enough time to finish watching a movie you've started? It's good that they give you 30 days to start watching, but 24 hours to finish seems short. 72 hours would be more appropriate, I think.
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

I thought it was to short at first too. Then I thought about it. When I rent a movie I am probably going to be watching right then and there. When I start a movie I watch the whole thing. Once I've watched a movie, I'm good for a while and if it was so good I want to watch it more than once, I should own it.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I think it's too short. There are many scenarios you can come up with, but the best one is if you have a big family. Everyone wants to watch the movie, but in today's busy world you all may not be able to sit at the same time and watch, and maybe not even in the same day.

I can't think of a good reason for the 30 days/24 hours scheme Apple has come up with. I mean, once you download it, their work is done. What's the difference to them of letting you have it 24 hours vs. 48 or 72 hours? It's not like they need it back to rent to someone else like a Blockbuster.

I suppose they want you to hurry up and rent another movie, but even that doesn't really make sense because they're letting you hold it to watch for 30 days. It's just so weird! I just can't figure out the business strategy. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wAll when they made of these rules.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
sharp65

sharp65 is on a distinguished road

I agree it's too short, but that's what comcast gives you for on-demand titles so I'm kind of used to it by now. They don't even give you the 30 days though, after 24 hours it's gone.
QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

Read what David Pogue has to say:

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/...e-27-hour-day/

Mary
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Mail/Gmail Problem | Need Help : Terminal »