Programs freezing in OS X leopard
    Hello everyone, just joined these forums because I just "converted" to mac from pc and so far I'm loving it. I just ran into my first problem this week however. A few of my applications, mainly pages and itunes, will freeze upon opening. They go into "not responding" mode. Pages will actually open up to the main page "choose a template" or whatever then when I click blank, for example, my mouse turns into a spinning color wheel. Itunes will pop up on the dock but no windows come up. I don't know what the problem is but its really frustrating and I don't want to re-install the whole operating system. I'm running boot camp, i don't know if that has anything to do with it. Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs: Macbook pro, mac osx leopard, 2 gigs ram, 160 gigs hd, 2.4 GHZ intel core 2 duo processor.

The Republic of Neptune
    First thing I should ask is if your MacBook originally came with Tiger (OS 10.4) and if so, which method did you use to upgrade to Leopard?

Secondly... do you have any external devices hooked to the MacBook? if so... disconnect everything and see if you continue to have troubles.

Thirdly... have you tried creating a new user to see if the problem replicates with the new user? If not... try that. This will help narrow down the source of the problem.

I get the spinning circle loader alot too, usually when using firefox and what not. I usually just wait for it to go away.

Did you get the apple care plan? Might want to run the disk check utilities that come with it, and call Apple.

Also, I don';t use bootcamp, but you may want to see other users experiences with it.

Thread Information