New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Programs freezing in OS X leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ineedmoney4484

ineedmoney4484 is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone, just joined these forums because I just "converted" to mac from pc and so far I'm loving it. I just ran into my first problem this week however. A few of my applications, mainly pages and itunes, will freeze upon opening. They go into "not responding" mode. Pages will actually open up to the main page "choose a template" or whatever then when I click blank, for example, my mouse turns into a spinning color wheel. Itunes will pop up on the dock but no windows come up. I don't know what the problem is but its really frustrating and I don't want to re-install the whole operating system. I'm running boot camp, i don't know if that has anything to do with it. Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs: Macbook pro, mac osx leopard, 2 gigs ram, 160 gigs hd, 2.4 GHZ intel core 2 duo processor.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

First thing I should ask is if your MacBook originally came with Tiger (OS 10.4) and if so, which method did you use to upgrade to Leopard?

Secondly... do you have any external devices hooked to the MacBook? if so... disconnect everything and see if you continue to have troubles.

Thirdly... have you tried creating a new user to see if the problem replicates with the new user? If not... try that. This will help narrow down the source of the problem.
QUOTE Thanks
damainman

damainman is on a distinguished road

I get the spinning circle loader alot too, usually when using firefox and what not. I usually just wait for it to go away.

Did you get the apple care plan? Might want to run the disk check utilities that come with it, and call Apple.

Also, I don';t use bootcamp, but you may want to see other users experiences with it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« need help with Candybar | Error in IMAP For Gmail in Apple Mail? »