New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

No quickbooks free trial for Mac, right?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rcronin

rcronin has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen

I found a thread on here that said a user had a free trial of Quickbooks that worked well for him. I can't find a trial for Mac's, just Windows. Is there one?

In general do people here find QB Mac 2007 okay, or better to get QB 2008 Windows and run it with Parallels or Bootcamp or Crossover? (not that I have any of those or know how they work, lol.)

There isn't other outstanding alternatives are there? I've heard of MYOB, etc. This is for my own small business. I'm the only employee.

TIA,

Becky
Web & Graphic Designer, LLL Leader, teacher (in my previous life; pre-kids) and Mama to my two daughters (who think the Apple booty is theirs)
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

I do know there is no free trial of Quicken for Mac, so I assume the same holds true for Quickbooks. Intuit will refund your money within 60 days if the product doesn't work out for you... I had no trouble getting my refund when I decided Quicken wasn't for me.

That said, I would steer way clear of Quickbooks. They recently issued a patch that would randomly delete people's desktops, leading to data loss and other issues with the system. Last I heard, they released a patch to fix this, but it really didn't, and eventually they fixed it. Intuit already has a poor track record for supporting the Mac platform from what I've read, and a bug like this is wholly inexcusable IMO. I'm afraid I have no personal recommendations for an alternative to Quickbooks though.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
That said, I would steer way clear of Quickbooks. They recently issued a patch that would randomly delete people's desktops, leading to data loss and other issues with the system. Last I heard, they released a patch to fix this, but it really didn't, and eventually they fixed it. Intuit already has a poor track record for supporting the Mac platform from what I've read, and a bug like this is wholly inexcusable IMO. I'm afraid I have no personal recommendations for an alternative to Quickbooks though.
The patch did not cause the problem, but the automatic update process did. The patch was to disable this update process, but it caused more problem with wireless networks. I don't know it it is a problem with the 2007 Apple version, but i know it is with the 2006 version. because I experience the problem that eventful week-end like everyone else did. I thought it was the upgrading to 10.4.11, because I did that the day before. Everything is working now, but I am on a wired network. So I don't have that security issue. Intuit had not updated me yet on a problem resolution.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
rcronin

rcronin has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
The patch did not cause the problem, but the automatic update process did. The patch was to disable this update process, but it caused more problem with wireless networks. I don't know it it is a problem with the 2007 Apple version, but i know it is with the 2006 version. because I experience the problem that eventful week-end like everyone else did. I thought it was the upgrading to 10.4.11, because I did that the day before. Everything is working now, but I am on a wired network. So I don't have that security issue. Intuit had not updated me yet on a problem resolution.
Ugg is all I can say.

No wait, since I have a really smaller, new business, do you think an account would freak if I used MYOB, Cha-Ching, Money-Dance, etc? I don't think they allow double entry accounting. Which I think is the ability to describe where/how etc, money is coming from or going to.

Becky
Web & Graphic Designer, LLL Leader, teacher (in my previous life; pre-kids) and Mama to my two daughters (who think the Apple booty is theirs)
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

I actually got a free version of QuickBooks (2005) with my PowerBook. It was the "New User Edition" (NUE.)

Newer Macs don't include it. Apple's software bundles are much lighter than they used to be. (I also got Art Directors Toolkit, OmniGraffle and GraphicConverter.)
QUOTE Thanks
shellyrobbins

shellyrobbins is on a distinguished road

You can download a free 30-day trial of QuickBooks for Mac at this page on Intuit's website: QuickBooks for Mac 30-day free trial.
P.S. You need OS x 10.6 or higher.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iWeb automatic blog updates | Delete in Mail »