New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

May I get your stationary? (mail 3.0)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

I know this is a weird thread, but I'm looking to see if anyone can send me their stationary (the defaults) from mail 3.0 I recently had a big fiasco go down here in leopard land, it wasn't anything to do with leopard itself.

I was archiving 200 episodes of my favorite "podcast" (binrev.com/radio) and well, I converted them into a different format and it made the file sizes MUCH larger, so I decided to go ahead and keep them like they were and I deleted them, well... I accidentally deleted the wrong ones, so long story short, I emptied the trash before I thought about it, so I was on a quest to find an application to find duplicates because there were still duplicates in itunes and in the folder, most of them were the original mp3's, so I figured I'd be back in business, so I deleted all of the AAC's (that's what I converted the to) and then I fired up the applicaiton to look for duplicates, well... the application took my entire system library prefs, and everything.

I didn't know the application had done this, so I went to empty the trash like normal, and I noticed it said it was deleting 68,000 files and it was climbing, I was going WTF!!?! is going on! I opened the trash to see all of my library contents in the trash. I stopped trash from deleting, I looked in both library folders and there wasn't anything, there weren't any preferences in the pref's folders or anything. I about had a heart attack!!

I then proceeded to manually put everything back where it goes. My system has been back to normal for a bit now, but I just realized the stationary from mail is gone. I don't have my leopard disk around (I'm out of town). I am at my lady's house, I brought my iMac, and I don't have my disk to restore the needed mail files. Mail works just fine, but I don't have any stationary. I was going to send a birthday e-mail to someone tonight, I wanted to use one of them from mail and modify it a little bit to fit her.

If anyone could send me the stationary I'd greatly appreciate it. I can provide an FTP account to upload it to my server if you'd like, or you could use www.ghostknox.com/imagehost to upload a Zip. If you can do this for me it'd be awesome!

The stationary can be found in : Library/Application Support/Apple/Mail/Stationery/Apple/Contents/Resources

QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

correction, mail 3.1 since the update bumped it up to 3.1

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quest For Glory | Dr.Divx »