New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iMovie 08 Scrolls Credits WAY too Fast

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

walmartconnect

walmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.

Hey everyone,

I was making a quick movie in iMovie HD 08. Everything went well until I attempted to add a quick credits type scrolling text on black. Adding it was easy, but the entire credits scroll by in four seconds! I can't figure out a way to slow them down, they fly by way to quickly and definitely need at least 15-20 seconds to be read.

Any ideas?

One last push!
QUOTE Thanks
walmartconnect

walmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.

Anyone? This should be really simple, I just don't understand.

One last push!
QUOTE Thanks
MovieGuy08

MovieGuy08 is on a distinguished road

Select the black frame under the title. Then choose 'Set Duration...' from the edit menu. The black frame and the title should change to the new duration.
QUOTE Thanks
walmartconnect

Ah, I had been trying that but the Title would never change with it. Dragging just worked tough, thank you.

I wish that I would have kept the old iMovie, where is my timeline?!?

One last push!
QUOTE Thanks
MovieGuy08

MovieGuy08 is on a distinguished road

Who needs a timeline? Much easier the new way...
QUOTE Thanks
walmartconnect

I'd venture to say that a lot of people prefer the more precise amount of control that a timeline gives. Oh well, this problem is solved.

Now, here's another question. Does anyone know if I can turn off the media browser once I have all of the clips that I am going to use inserted. All of that extra stuff in the bottom of the window is a space hog as well as distracting.

One last push!
QUOTE Thanks
walterpassi

walterpassi is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure why it happened, but I only had a couple of credits and I couldn't change the scroll speed to anything other than 3.7s no matter what I entered in as the value. Finally I just copied my credits and created a new scroll image and pasted my credits in. Everything worked how I wanted it to and I could change the scroll speed to whatever I wanted. So if all else fails just redo the credit part and it should work.
QUOTE Thanks
ysctiger11

ysctiger11 is on a distinguished road

how do you people get the credits to actually scroll? i can't get it
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Final Cut Express short manual? | Unable to use safari or copy and paste! »