New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

OS 10.5 - wmv flipmac...problem viewing web video

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

twentyone

twentyone is on a distinguished road

Im having problems viewing wmv videos such as the ones found on www.weakgame.com I downloaded flipmac which tells me it allows wmv files such as those to be played through quicktime. I installed it, and still can not seem to get any of these videos to work there or on similar websites. Ive got to be doing something wrong, any idea?
QUOTE Thanks
Ricky55

Ricky55 is on a distinguished road

Not sure mate, I actually downloaded this the other day and it's working OK for me so it does work.

Just been on weakgame and it they all play fine.

I'm using Leopard 10.5.1

It does specify that you must have the latest update for quicktime, have you checked this?

If everything is up to date its probably just not installed the plugin correctly this does happen with this kind of thing.
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

not sure if it'll make a difference, but I'd also install Perian. This should allow quicktime to support additional movie formats. See if it works after that.

QUOTE Thanks
twentyone

well i updated my software through the update software option...haha. It didnt help...i redownloaded the flipmac package, i dont think im installing it wrong because theres only one way. It only allows me to select my harddrive as the download spot and then it unpacks into applications.

edit: I updated my stuffit software to the latest version and then i tried downloading wmv from mactopia but it freezes when it starts to install...nice.... It wouldnt even open the installer untill i updated my stuffit software. This is in now way less confusing than a pc so far....oy vey...
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to appropriate forum - Question for an application not for OS X*
QUOTE Thanks
twentyone

so ive even got wmv installed and still cant view most wmv video clips through my browser....also have the latest version of everything and flipmac downloaded and installed correctly...what gives
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Paste your Adium Styles! | I need help with Disc Utility »