New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

World Of Warcraft? Mac Crashing?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jacktar12

jacktar12 is on a distinguished road

Ok so I have been playing the video game known as WOW for the past couple years. I have been using a 2006 iMac which until yesterday was running on 512mb of RAM.

Yesterday I installed 2GB of RAM into my computer and everything was going great until I got up this morning. I tried to Log into WOW and it keeps crashing the entire computer, causing me to use the power button to turn my iMac off and back on again, after approximately 5 or so minutes of game play.

I am unsure as to what is causing this issue and don't know where to turn. Seeing as how the game ran well(albeit laggy) with 512mb of RAM the only thing I can see that would be causing this is the new RAM I installed.

I am unsure of how to fix this problem and also unsure of where to turn for help.

The rest of my computer is running fantastically well and I don't see any reason that this new RAM would cause the game to crash my entire computer.

Any suggestions would be wonderful(and quitting the game is a possibility but I would like to reserve as a last resort since I have friends from the college that I transfered away from that also play the game and it is one of our only forms of contact).

Thanks for your time and sorry for the long post.
QUOTE Thanks
hal515

hal515 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM

Go to the top of the screen to where it says About My Mac and Click on System Profile and go down to memory. What do the RAM sticks say Good, Bad etc. Like this
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (17.0 KB, 7 views)
QUOTE Thanks
jacktar12

jacktar12 is on a distinguished road

it says that they are both good.

It also says that "Mac OS X unexpectedly quit" and thats what forced the restart. It says "do you want to report?" All this comes up after I restart
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ichat: is there a way to lookup a buddy's info? | Growl? »