New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mail Keeps QUITTING!!! ARGH!! HELP!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nitnewbie

nitnewbie is on a distinguished road

Suddenly everytime I try to open a message to read it mail quits. It appears to download the message fine but then when I try to open in ZING, spinning wheel of death.

I have tried reinstalling mail from my leopard disk but this did not help. I did a disk scan and found no problems. Is there something wrong with my folder settings. This is making me crazy....
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Hi nitnewbie.

We can't really help you right now, you haven't posted any specs for the Macintosh or the exact OS X version (10.5.0? 10.5.1?) you're using so post more info and we'll see what we can find.
QUOTE Thanks
nitnewbie

nitnewbie is on a distinguished road

Sorry, OK.

G4 PowerBook Al 12" running Leopard 10.5.1.

Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Try booting from the Leopard disc, go to utilities, Verify disk and then run Repair Permissions from there. It takes a long long time so be patient.
QUOTE Thanks
Slotype

Slotype is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: G5 PPC Dual 2 gig 6gig ram 10.5.3 and a G4 Mirror Door dual 1.25 2 gig ram

Nitnewbie. I have the same problem, but Mail in a new account works, have you tried that? It is a pain though. Also, I was advised to download a freeware programme call Preferential Treatment, as this is my second ever post I don't how to send it as a link, but search and it'll come straight up. I would be interested in the result on your machine as my scan was OK. My Mac was so well behaved until 10.5.4 (G4 Mirror Dual 1.25)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Fraps Version for Mac | Quake 4? »