New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iMovie08?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jacintosh

jacintosh can only hope to improve

After reading the latest article on Macworld about the "downgrade" of iMovie08, I was wondering, as a newbie to movie editing, and struggling with a the editing of a video that I took over the holidays, is this version really the mess they are saying it is? Is the previous rendetion 06 actually better for an older person like me? I don't care to post to YouTube or the web. I WANT to make movies for posterity. Take videos of grandparents who won't be around forever. Reading the article, it pretty much states that this version doesn't hold a candle to iVideo HD. No time line and other things I don't even remember being said. Can someone, preferably someone that can speak without an emotional bias, help a person interested in saving videos to disk explain if I will not be able to do this well with iVideo08? Many were saying to download the old version...that sure seems to defeat the whole iLife suite thing. Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
NPuter

NPuter is a jewel in the roughNPuter is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP

the old one is available for iLife 08' users
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/imovieHD6.html

I would try it out and see which one works better for you

"The forums are not only a place to have questions answered, they are a place to be part of a community..."
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Moving the thread to proper forum and changing the title to iMovie? Since this is not an iPhoto problem.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
jacintosh

Sorry about the title, but it would have been nice to have received a head's up on it being moved. I think there needs to be some clarification on the use of the Switchers forum. I do understand that it could get flooded with all different types of questions, however, if that is the case, I do believe that anything that relates to something other than...gee...glad I switched...or..why did I switch...or, I', glad I didn't switch....would make up the entire forum. Again, don't really care that it got moved, it just seems that the switch title does lead one to possibly believe that the individual is maybe somewhat naive to the mac software...system etc usage.
QUOTE Thanks
jacintosh

Now...aside from that....I read that suggestion in Macworld. But, another individual said that was a poor way of dealing with a real problem. That it would be akin to Microsoft going from Vista back to XP.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Transmission and Leopard | Toast 8 Problem »