New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Cloning my hard drive with Super Duper

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Verted

Verted is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 13" Core Duo, White, 512mb RAM

I got a 120gb drive which I have put into my caddy ready to transfer my data over. However when I plug it into my macbook, it says that the drive is unreadable. Then when I click 'initialize', Disc Utility opens, but I dont know what to do. I want to use SuperDuper! to do the clone but I dont know how to get it working.

--
Thanks,
- Verted

http://verted.net
QUOTE Thanks
Sherman Homan

Sherman Homan is a jewel in the roughSherman Homan is a jewel in the roughSherman Homan is a jewel in the rough

Not sure what you mean by "into my caddy", but if you have a new hard drive it will need to be reformatted. If you have never used the drive, and there is no data on it, run Disk Utility, Erase, HFS+ Journaled. All will be well!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ragnarok Online- has anyone had success?... | Automator- rename files -Different- »