New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Transmission

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hal515

hal515 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM

Ok I downloaded it, but how do I search for stuff. I cant search anything. I thought this was similar to Limewire.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Transmission is not a P2P program, it's a torrent program. You would have to find and download torrents to use Transmission.

For a P2P program, you can get Limewire for Mac or use a program called Acquisition

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
hal515

so whats the definition of torrent then? Whats the point in having it if you cant download anything.
QUOTE Thanks
hal515

Is Acquistion free because nothing showing up for the downloads. I downloaded the 206 build Acquistion 2
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_1.png (41.6 KB, 4 views)
QUOTE Thanks
northy124

northy124 can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White

Get limewire for mac if you want p2p if your downloading movies that wrong and i have some advice just PM
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal515 View Post
so whats the definition of torrent then? Whats the point in having it if you cant download anything.
If you don't know what it is and can't figure out how to Google it, I'm not going to bother explaining it.

It looks like Acquisition is no longer free, so Limewire is what you're stuck with.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
shahvikram123

shahvikram123 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook: 2GHZ Intel C2D, 2 Gig Ram, 80 GB HD. Mac Mini: Intel C2D 2GHZ, 2 gig ram, 120gb HD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_%28protocol%29
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PrBoom Keyboard Problems | Messenger Problems »