New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Webcam over internet?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Chroma

Chroma is on a distinguished road

I've been looking for software that would allow a webcam to upload pictures to a website when ever threre is movement, a internet webcam surveillance program.

I have found a few, but all of them were for a windows machine. I'm currently running OS X 10.4 Tiger.

I was wondering if anyone knows of one, either for free or a price.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

I've been waiting for some answers here. I have a wireless camera I would like to do that same thing with. Any luck finding anything? Currently my camera is just set up to email me pictures. I was hoping to have it set up to email me video when the motion sensor sees something. There is no onboard storage on it so I pulled out my windows box that I used before switching and the thing won't even boot up now, heh heh.
QUOTE Thanks
joe.morgan

joe.morgan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD

try:

http://www.dekorte.com/projects/freeware/CamGrabber/

or

http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/
QUOTE Thanks
joe.morgan

joe.morgan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD

just downloaded this for my third party webcam, pretty neat!

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/video/iris.html
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

Thanks but not quite what I'm looking for. More like a security camera. This is what I have...

http://trendnet.com/en/products/TV-IP100W.htm
QUOTE Thanks
sedriss

sedriss is on a distinguished road

I don't know if this relates to the topic, but I am trying to find out how to use the iSight on my MacBook to put a webcam on the internet, for example on my website? What would I need to do? Any replies are much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Windows media on the internet | JavaScript in a widget? »