New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Firefox 3 beta 2

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tmorgan1689

tmorgan1689 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb

I just started using Beta 3 and the interface is incredible, they did such a great upgrade this time. So far everything works perfectly except for a couple of my add-ons, but I can live without those for a while.

Macbook 2.16/2gb/160gb
32gb iPhone 3GS
8gb Black iPod Nano 3rd Gen
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorgan1689 View Post
I just started using Beta 3 and the interface is incredible, they did such a great upgrade this time. So far everything works perfectly except for a couple of my add-ons, but I can live without those for a while.
I know, isn't it amazing? The UI is even better than Safari's. It's hard to believe that it's Firefox under there.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
qunal

qunal is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 20" with 3Gb RAM and a 13"Macbook with 4Gb RAM

Well i downloaded it and it does look great. But everytime i try and download anything through FF3 it doesn't happen and it's extremely odd cause i can't seem to figure the problem. Any of you'll faced with the same thing?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Agreed, the interface is great and much nicer than I figured it would be.

To qunal, I just tried downloading files and it's fine here.
QUOTE Thanks
jram

jram is a jewel in the roughjram is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by giulio View Post
I worked well for me, but the extensions I rely on for work are not caught up yet. So I cannot use it.
This will help with extensions, mine all work.
http://www.oxymoronical.com/web/firefox/nightly/history
QUOTE Thanks
qunal

qunal is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 20" with 3Gb RAM and a 13"Macbook with 4Gb RAM

Thanks for the link jram will check it out later.

My downloads have mysteriously started now so this version seems great
QUOTE Thanks
hndcvcboi

hndcvcboi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.8Ghz 4GB LEOPARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaWegs View Post
So I just read about the release of the newest release of the firefox 3 beta and before I put it on my machine, I was wondering if anyone out there has tried it out yet and had any comments or critiques that they could lend. From the reviews I've read, it seems like a quality improvement over their already stellar program. Any info people have would be greatly appreciated.
I love the new interface and speed of Firefox 3 beta 3 but I have found a few sites that it will not render correctly. It seems to be blocking content that I want and I can't figure out how to allow that content. The site in question is www.mix1051.com It has a link in the top right of the page to stream their radio broadcast but Firefox 3b3 blocks that link completely. Safari displays that link correctly and allows me to listen to my morning radio show.

How do I configure Firfox to display the content? I've tried going to prefs/content and adding www.mix1051.com to the allow list but it doesn't work.
QUOTE Thanks
jram

jram is a jewel in the roughjram is a jewel in the rough

No problem here with Beta 3
QUOTE Thanks
NolaWegs

NolaWegs will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone

Just bumped up to beta 3 myself. loving the new interface, took a second to get used to but it's absolutely fantastic. my only problem is that I lost the ability to use my stumbleupon extension, other than that it's better and faster than beta 2

"May the good lord keep the wolves in the hills and the women in our beds."
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by qunal View Post
Well i downloaded it and it does look great. But everytime i try and download anything through FF3 it doesn't happen and it's extremely odd cause i can't seem to figure the problem. Any of you'll faced with the same thing?
Open the Download Manager from the Tools menu => Downloads. That should show you the status of your download and the location it was downloaded to.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Thedspeth

Thedspeth is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G

I'm loving it too. I must admit that I don't have much to offer as a "developer". I'm just too darned curious to not see how it works. If I run across and issue, can I report it in normal person terms, or do they need tech geek terms?

Specifically I've noticed in Gmail that the "quick contact" list bleeds out over the email box so it can show the full name of each person, as opposed to cutting the box off no matter what....
heck.. here is a pic of what I mean
QUOTE Thanks
hndcvcboi

hndcvcboi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.8Ghz 4GB LEOPARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jram View Post
No problem here with Beta 3
Thanks for the help with this. I did some investigating and found that FireFox was loading a stylesheet named userContent.css which was causing my troubles. I deleted that file and now it works as advertised.
QUOTE Thanks
tmorgan1689

tmorgan1689 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
I know, isn't it amazing? The UI is even better than Safari's. It's hard to believe that it's Firefox under there.
Thats so true, it just integrates perfectly. For being Beta stage I have had 0 problems with it.

Macbook 2.16/2gb/160gb
32gb iPhone 3GS
8gb Black iPod Nano 3rd Gen
QUOTE Thanks
WolfsBane

WolfsBane will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.

Pretty fast and stable. Firefox was my browser of choice in the Windows environment and I've missed using it. I stuck to Safari lately because of the memory leakage and failure to release memory upon closing a window issue. But FF3 Beta 3 seems to have put those issues to rest. One thing I have noticed on some pages when comparing to Safari is that color saturation rendition seems to be a little 'off' on some pages. Kind of odd.

Hope Springs Eternal
Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz!
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

The new theme is great, I always thought the old one looked a bit unprofessional, like Linux desktops, but the new one looks right at home. And it's fast, faster than a speeding bullet. There are still a few bugs and AdBlock doesn't seem fully compatible yet, but so far I like it.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help in deleting program | Final Cut Express Music and Audio Settings »