New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Web Design Software

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

comtois

comtois is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G4 12" 1.33Ghz, eMac 800Mhz, iPod (3G) 15Gig

Hi,

I'm just getting into using a Mac and I'm looking for some good Web Design software. I'm good with HTML, but I'm also a bit lazy and would like something more like frontpage. My only issue with using software like frontpage is that they usually create way more code than necessary making it tough to navigate. I like using open source software, but am willing to spend a little if the software is really worth it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Mike
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Dreamweaver is the industry standard and creates decent code , and you'll find it much easier to use than the awful code breaking frontage.

If you want to go the open source route then Nvu is your option, not at all bad for free software.

www.nvu.com/

GoLIve (now discontinued) is also good as is Freeway (if you prefer being kept away from the code

www.softpress.com/

If you delight in hand coding sometimes then the text editor BBedit is a must
QUOTE Thanks
LWC

LWC will become famous soon enough

Whoops ... nevermind
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Heard a lot about Panic's Coda but I haven't tried it myself. Interface looks pretty cool.
QUOTE Thanks
nirvana

nirvana has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch, Apple TV

I use Dreamweaver CS3, if you are going to be doing alot of work with HTML the cost pays off. You can obtain a free trial from the Adobe site.

Crack that whip…..liquorish whip.
QUOTE Thanks
comtois

comtois is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G4 12" 1.33Ghz, eMac 800Mhz, iPod (3G) 15Gig

Thanks for all the info! I'm going to get the trials of Coda and Dreamweaver, and also download Kompozer (which is guess is basically Nvu), but I doubt I'll be buying Dreamweaver.

Let's hope that Kompozer is all I need!
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

Coda ain't got no Wizzywig editing. It's all about the Code...and I love it!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Camino: Address bar disappeared! | Business Card Scanning Software with regular scanner »