New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Entourage Mail Migration

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mimi8

mimi8 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15.4" Macbook Pro Leopard 2.0GB RAM 2.6GHZ Core 2 Duo 250GB HDD

So i was using a Macbook for about a year and somehow i was able to sync the mail from my old powerbook into my macbook. I recently bought a macbook pro and i was wondering does anyone knows a way of like exporting the mail from entourage from my macbook into my macbook pro? Is it possible?

I tried exporting what i supposed to be the mail from entourage and tried importing it into my entourage on my MBP and the folders were empty and nothing was imported only contacts...

Please help me, because i need those mails and i plan to wipe the HDD of my MB very soon so that i could send it to Apple to be repaired.

- If we all lived by the rule "An eye for an eye" then we would all be blind by now.:blind:
- Procastination is like masterbation, in the end you are only messing with yourself.
- You never know, lightening might strike.
-------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE Thanks
nirvana

nirvana has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch, Apple TV

You can backup the database by finding Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2004 Identities/<identity name>. Then save that file to an external drive etc. Then when you get your Macbook back install Entourage then delete the user identity it makes and replace it with the one you backed up.

Crack that whip…..liquorish whip.
QUOTE Thanks
mimi8

Oh i forgot to mention that my MB is Tiger and my MBP is Leopard. When i tried doing that it said that it could not open Entourage with those files. So that method did not work.

- If we all lived by the rule "An eye for an eye" then we would all be blind by now.:blind:
- Procastination is like masterbation, in the end you are only messing with yourself.
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi8 View Post
Oh i forgot to mention that my MB is Tiger and my MBP is Leopard. When i tried doing that it said that it could not open Entourage with those files. So that method did not work.
Export from the one you want to use (filr->export) then import the same file on the new install. Make sure the new Entourage is patched up to the same version.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
mimi8

Yeah i think that was the problem. I did not update Entourage Leopard on MBP. So now it woked fine. My last question is that i also have a hotmail account and what it has been doing lately is sending all the mail that is in the junk folder to my POP inbox folder... this is really annoying since i get about 20 junk email per day. is there a way to stop this?

I might have accidently changed the settings causing this, how can i change it back?

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Business Card Scanning Software with regular scanner | Bootcamp Beta »