New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Deleted photos showing up in slideshow screen saver

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chaunce322

chaunce322 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 750 GB HD

I'm still fairly new to Macs, but I think I've done a fairly good job of climbing up the learning curve.

However, one issue I've been having is with regard to the slideshow screen saver. I have this screen saver looking in my Pictures folder. However, I have noticed various sets of pictures there are not in my Pictures folder are showing up in my screen saver.

Now what's wierd is that I did import these subject pictures into iPhoto and later deleted them. However, they still show up in my screen saver. So they're no longer in iPhoto and not in my Pictures folder, but they continue to show up in the screen saver.

Does anyone know how to delete these pictures from the screen saver and more importantly my computer?

I'm running Leopard on a new iMac. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sean
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Do you know the exact names of the pics? Do a Spotlight search to track them down. That's the only thing I can think of.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
chaunce322

Unfortunately, I don't know the names of the pics. I went through my entire pictures folder as it isn't too large, and I wasn't able to find any of the subject pictures. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Any other ideas?

Sean
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

Are the photos simply hidden? Select View, Hidden Photos to check. Also have you deleted your iPhoto trash?

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks
mikepugs

mikepugs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard

Have you tried just resetting the screen saver? I think you can also do this with a background image. You can delete the image but the background will remain that same image until you reboot.

Maybe try resetting the folder the slideshow screensaver reverts to.

l 8GB iPhone 3G l 15" Macbook Pro l Powerbook G4 15" l 8GB iPod Touch l 4GB iPod Mini l
QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

Have you enptied the trash?

Mary
QUOTE Thanks
chaunce322

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I did try the Hidden Photos option, but they did not show up. I also tried resetting the screen saver and the folder it points to, but to no avail.

I was unaware that iPhoto had its own trash, so I just tried deleting that. I'll see if that helps.

Thanks again for all the advice!

Sean
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« country flags overlaying slide show photos | Garage Band update and ringtones »