New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iwork08 vs. Office 2008 or Office 2004

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

seasurfer

seasurfer is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 24'' iMac 2.8 GHz, 4 Gig RAM, 500 GB HD. 15.4'' MBP, 2.6 GHz, 4 Gig RAM, 200GB HD, iPhone 8GB.

Which is better? Pros and Cons? Please share your experience. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

posted before. Don't feel like typing it all out here again...

(Btw, I'm with iWork)
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
QUOTE Thanks
darkmcs

darkmcs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook - 2.16ghz Core2Duo, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb WD Scorpio HDD, Westinghouse 22" external display

iWork has a more "Apple" feel... It has all the main functions of Office 2004.

Office 2004 is also very good.

I have both on my computer. I use Pages and Word more often. Pages does feel better to use.

MacBook Pro unibody 2nd gen (2.53C2D, 4Gb, 320Gb WD Scorpio Black), 16Gb iPod Touch, 32Gb iPhone 3Gs, 160Gb Apple TV, iPad 3G 64Gb
QUOTE Thanks
sarahb1012

sarahb1012 is on a distinguished road

Hi, at times I have to do PPT presentations for work and I hate PPT. I am trying to use the trial of iWork08 with Keynote, export it to PPT, and open it in PPT on a PC using Office 2008. It won't open my file. Is it b/c Keynote doesn't write to XML? Any ideas to make this work? Thoughts? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

I've had 0 problems exporting keynote presentations to ppt and opening them with office 2003 on the pc or 2004 on the mac. I don't have office 2008. Have you tried opening them in a different version of office? May actually be an office bug.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
sarahb1012

sarahb1012 is on a distinguished road

Actually, I read somewhere that the presentation notes cause issues, so I took them out of the the PPT file that I opened in Keynote and exported it for PPT. It now opens in PPT 2008 on my PC. Both files (with and without the notes) open in PPT 2004 on my Mac. Hmmm...I'll leave the notes out I guess and add them at the end in PPT. I'd rather use PPT as little as I have to!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Text Problem with iTunes and Firefox | Illustrator keeps crashing??? »