New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iLife 08 after clean install of Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CafeRacer

CafeRacer is on a distinguished road

I did a search on installing iLife off OS X install disk 1, followed the instruction, but when I click on customized I see "Bundled Application" and have the option of checking or unchecking, and the folder does not expand to see what under Bundled Application. Of course, if I uncheck it, I cannot continue, I have to check it, then click continue and it wants to install everything (estimated time 1:47 minutes....). I just want iLife 08, which my imac had until I upgraded to Leopard with a clean install. I explored the disk, but I cannot see anything related to iLife. I just bought the mac about 3 weeks ago, the box even says iLife 08 included. Three disk came with the mac, Leopard, OS X Install Disc 1 ver 10.4.10 and Disc 2, ver 1.0. Any ideas what's going on here?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

If you only purchased your mac 3 weeks ago ...Contact Apple they'll help you

Now with Leopard

I was Member of the month April 08
QUOTE Thanks
andrebnu

andrebnu will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB

There's nothing to do with apple.

You bought a mac. It comes with iLife as a bundled package.

You got an extra DVD, which is the Leopard install. Just remember that iLife comes with your mac, not with OSX.

After doing a clean install of Leopard, with the extra DVD you got, you won't have iLife.

You have 2 options:

1. Install the bundle software package from you Tiger install disk that came with you computer (and then, uninstall software you don't want)

2. use a software like PACIFIST to extract the bundle software from the disk, and install only what you want.

hope it helps

If you believe you can do something, you can.
If you don't think you can do it, you can't.
Either way, you're right!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

And if you would like help doing what andrebnu tells you, contact Apple as kilted suggested, they'll help walk you through it.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trillian Astra | ipod to computer synchronisation »