Norton AntiVirus 10.0 for Macintosh
    I'm new so pardon my ignorance but I thought viruses were not an issue with Macs....It's for sale in the Apple Store...Here's a little blurb from the ad copy...

Symantec’s Norton AntiVirus 10.0 is among the world’s most trusted antivirus solutions for Macintosh. It includes automatic virus removal, a Global Threat Assessment dashboard and contextual menu support to ensure that Mac users get the best possible virus protection solution.

MacHeadCase
    I personally do not trust Norton for any app or utility they write for Mac OS X.

If I had any inclination to go with an anti-virus add-on, I would go with either Intego's VirusBarrier or the freebie ClamXav.

I hope this helps.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by mrchef1 View Post
    I'm new so pardon my ignorance but I thought viruses were not an issue with Macs....It's for sale in the Apple Store...Here's a little blurb from the ad copy...

Symantec’s Norton AntiVirus 10.0 is among the world’s most trusted antivirus solutions for Macintosh. It includes automatic virus removal, a Global Threat Assessment dashboard and contextual menu support to ensure that Mac users get the best possible virus protection solution.
    Brief summary:

Yes, there are Anti-Virus packages for the Mac. Despite this fact, there are no viruses in the wild, so these packages offer little in the way of protection. No, you don't need an Anti-virus product at this time.

For more opinions, speculation and detailed analysis, please do a search as this has been discussed in literally hundreds of different threads, ad nauseum.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Read this:
    http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23835

Also PLEASE use search first. This topic has been discussed many many times.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Thread Information