New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mail App

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eric06

eric06 has a spectacular aura about

This is the only thing I have noticed weird with Leopard.

I use Mac Mail App with my IMAP email account and it keeps sending emails that have already sent. Kind of like it thinks there is something there but there really isn't and sometimes it doesn't really send when it says it does.

Is this a problem everyone is having or could it just be me?

MacBook Pro | 2.33 GHz 3 GB Ram 200 GB HD | Best Choice Ever For A Laptop | 8 GB iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
eric06

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro | 2.33 GHz 3 GB Ram 200 GB HD | Best Choice Ever For A Laptop | 8 GB iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

I have not experienced this problem with Mail in Leopard. Are you saying people are receiving multiple copies of email from you? Are you using multiple email accounts? Have you tried deleting and recreating the IMAP account in Mail?

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
eric06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
I have not experienced this problem with Mail in Leopard. Are you saying people are receiving multiple copies of email from you? Are you using multiple email accounts? Have you tried deleting and recreating the IMAP account in Mail?
No, sometimes they doesn't even receive the email or it tries to send the email again 5 mins later, like it never sent in the first place.

I changed my SMTP port number in Mail, so that might help.

I will post again when I notice anything.

QUOTE Thanks
Del

Del has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ

No problems here with Mail on Leopard
QUOTE Thanks
eric06

It seems to do it when I have a new message open. So maybe it is checking to see if I sent it yet or not.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Making Slide Show Movie in iMovie or iPhoto? Controlled zoom? | Automator Problem/Bug? »