New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iLife 06 from Tiger installable in Leopard?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bmcgonag

bmcgonag will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram

So, I'm really excited to get Leopard, but I got iLife 06, of which I use pretty much every application on a very regular basis with Tiger, installed when I bought my two Macs.

If i Buy leopard as a standalone, will I be able to install iLife 06 from the Tiger Disks onto it?

If not, then it is not worth updating too for me.

Thanks,

Brian
QUOTE Thanks
Macboy

Macboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: MacBook, 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, 60 Gig Hard drive

Ummmmmmm I am not sure, but I think, you would not be able to install iLife 6 of the Tiger disk.

Now its up to you if you update or not. But I look at it in the view point, that I dont like getting lefted behind, what with apple bring out new stsyems so often, app's change over night 4 months from now, everything will be diffrent, and the app's you use to be able to use,wont work.Or atlest in my experience thats what happens.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

There are a lot of folk who would be running iLife '08 and Tiger so I would imagine the it would work the other way around ....

I did a quick Google and as usual there are mixed reports about whether or not you can do it against actual reports of people achieving it ... these 3 links all have people asking your very question:

Topic : Ilife 06 lost after upgrade to leopard

OS X Leopard clean install or upgrade

Leopard: Erase and Install? Upgrade? Archive and Install?

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

iLife '06 is compatible with Leopard.

I did a clean install and later used the Migration Assistant to pull all of my apps, documents and settings over to Leopard. That included the iLife suite, which runs fine under Leopard.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
bubba

bubba has a spectacular aura about

I just did a format and install of Leopard on my MacBook and am actually installing iLife 06 now. Pop in Disk 1 and select Install Bundled Software. Click options to remove any unwanted components (like trial software and/or Garage Band to save space) then follow the prompts.

Hope that helps!
QUOTE Thanks
Ryan13

Ryan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really nice

I use iLife06 as well, and it works fine!
QUOTE Thanks
Del

Del has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ

Bump back to the top as this is a very useful thread (maybe should be sticky?)

I upgraded to Leopard last night, unfortunately had to go down the clean install route and so i am now without ilife06. So tonights task is to reinstall ilife06 on to Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
bmcgonag

bmcgonag will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram

Excellent info, and thanks so much for those of you who are more brave than I in trying this out.

Brian
QUOTE Thanks
Del

Del has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ

I can also confirm (having just completed the install) that the ilife06 suite can indeed be installed and runs perfectly under Leopard
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhoto does not work in Front Row | Mac Partitioning Help »