New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Can someone please walk me through how to set up my MAIL account?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mac_OS

Mac_OS is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard

i am using a hotmail account, but i also have an outlook account at school can i get both my hotmail and school mail sent to me?
QUOTE Thanks
JackTheMac

JackTheMac is on a distinguished road

You can do your outlook one but not hotmail, Mail doesn't support hotmail*ahem microsoft ahem*. To set up your school one you will need to find the details from the website of which server your school uses.

By the way, I have an identical MacBook as you do.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac_OS

Mac_OS is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard

thats rubbish, how can i get a mac mail account?

p.s cool, when did you get it, runs like a dream doesn't it?
QUOTE Thanks
shahvikram123

shahvikram123 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook: 2GHZ Intel C2D, 2 Gig Ram, 80 GB HD. Mac Mini: Intel C2D 2GHZ, 2 gig ram, 120gb HD

ditch hotmail and get gmail, its much better and works with MSN ....
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheMac View Post
You can do your outlook one but not hotmail, Mail doesn't support hotmail*ahem microsoft ahem*.
Way to spread false information.

Mail does not support Hotmail because Hotmail does not provide POP access to its users. It has nothing to do because Hotmail is a Microsoft service. If Hotmail provided POP access then Mail could easily get Hotmail mail.

To set up your school e-mail, you will need the settings like already said. Go ask someone in the computer lab or something for help on setting up the account.

If you want a mac e-mail address then you must sign up for the .Mac service (http://www.apple.com/dotmac/).
QUOTE Thanks
Macboy

Macboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: MacBook, 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, 60 Gig Hard drive

What I always found hard is setting up my Mac email. Could never figer it out.So I got ride of it, but it would be so much better to use one Mac acount, then my hotmail,gmail, yahoo mail, freeserve mail,oink mail you get the idia.
Just getting the new stsyem now, so when I get I will need help setting it up.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_OS View Post
i am using a hotmail account, can i get my hotmail mail sent to me?
If you're using Tiger and Mail.app you need httpmail.plugin. You add a new account using httpmail as the account type and as long as your Hotmail account isn't a co.uk or new one it should work fine.

If you're using a Hotmail.co.uk (or whatever it is) it doesn't seem to work as I've seen a lot of questions about this. If you're using a newer Hotmail account then you'll have to upgrade to the user pay version. What's a newer Hotmail account? Probably in the past 3-4 yrs ... don't know exactly.

Short answer .... use Gmail and configure a POP3 account type in Mail.app. Gmail help will show you how.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quick ITUNES Question | Mac Bittornet? »