New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Pages in iworks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bookjunky

Bookjunky is on a distinguished road

Much of my problem with learning to use pages stems from my long term use of word and the ease of which I did things in word. There are several things I did in word that are not working in Pages and some very easy things I cannot figure out how to do.

Copy and paste: I used to be able to copy and paste lessons from an online classroom into work with no problem - tables included. Doing the same operation in word looses all the formatting on the tables. It superspaces each and every word that used to be in a table and turns a 6 page document into 35 pages of garbage.

Page numbering: Just plain have not been able to figure out how to add page numbers to a multi page document in Pages.

Spelling: How do I add words into the spell check? I used to right click the mouse in word and choose add from a pop up menu.

I did finally manage to figure out how to add macrons to Latin homework and do a document in columns.
QUOTE Thanks
Leukeh

Leukeh is a jewel in the roughLeukeh is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM

Are you using Pages 06 or 08? I'm using 08.
Not sure about the copy-paste thing, I don't think I've ever had any issues with it.

Page Numbering: If you want the page number at the top, click on the header, if you want it at the bottom, click on the footer. Then go Insert > Page Number. It'll add a number to every page.

Spelling: Right/Ctrl+click > Learn Spelling

I never used Pages 06 - I opened it up a few times but it was just horrible IMO. But I have 08 a try and it's had a huge improvement. My guess is that you're still using 06... that's the only explanation I can come up with if none of the above are there.

Behance Design/Photography Porfolio
QUOTE Thanks
mark.spiro

mark.spiro is on a distinguished road

What about autocorrect? Im terrible at spelling, and Word over the years learnt how I spell and would correct things. This doesnt exist, does it?
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

Pages has autocorrect, though the library of autocorrect words is not very large. You will have to add the words as you go on.
QUOTE Thanks
mark.spiro

mark.spiro is on a distinguished road

How'd I do that? Do I have to manually enter them in one by one? or is thewre a button to press to make it learn as you type, like with Office?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Notes in Mail 3 | mac mail reloading my yahoo emails »