New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mac Office spell check problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NolaWegs

NolaWegs will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone

When I go through a spell check on my copy of Office for Mac, it works just fine and checks the spellings properly; however, the program will not allow me to add any words to dictionary. I checked for the custom dictionary and it tells me that it is present yet I am still unable to add any words it. Has anyone else had this problem? anyone know a solution?
QUOTE Thanks
Macboy

Macboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: MacBook, 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, 60 Gig Hard drive

Nope , not had that problem, I run NeoOffice, fined Mac office abit wierd to use.But to me it sounds like a problem, that wont be esaely fix, you might have to take the holl thing of ur computer and re install it, that might help sort out the problem.But I am sure some one can help you, who knows more about that sort of problem.
QUOTE Thanks
NolaWegs

NolaWegs will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone

I agree, it doesn't sound like an easy problem to fix. I could understand it a bit more if the custom dictionary hadn't loaded or was not included in the original file but I am still able to locate it on the computer. Any help that anyone has or any other avenues that might provide some answers would be greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
linseydp

linseydp is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 13" White (Jul 07); OS Tiger 10.4.1; 2.16GHz;120GB HDD

I resolved this by adding a new custom dictionary saved as with the file name custom dictionary-2.
To do this:
1. select the 'Word" menu item "preferences"
2. Select "Spelling and Grammar" in the edit options pane
3. Select the "dictionaries" button and then "Add" in the new window.
4. Give your dictionary a new name.
5. Make sure it is selected as well as your previous custom dictionary and save the changes.

You should now be able to see "Add" in the right click menu or spell check window
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Delayed Growl notifications of RSS news update | Quicktime not playing mp4 h.264 encoded movie correctly without perian »