New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Can Mac burn ISO+CUE?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Joe Redifer

Joe Redifer will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc

I haven't seen a Mac application that can burn CUE+ISO+WAV (or AIF) files. Toast can burn CUE+BIN, but that is not the same thing... not even close. Nero on the PC can do CUE+ISO+WAV, why is the Mac so limited in what I can burn? No Mac developers want to step up to the plate and make an application that is as good as Nero?
QUOTE Thanks
TopDog

TopDog has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook / Mac Mini

I'm pretty sure I've burned ISO files with Toast...

But I find it easier to burn ISO images with the buildt in diskutility (that also can mount an ISO image.

QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

You can definitely burn ISO in Toast.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

A PC is just as limited as the mac in what it can burn. It's the software you buy from other vendors that does the work. Such as Nero.
Perhaps it is Nero that is not stepping up and offering a Mac port!

I've never even heard of cue+iso+wav format. Usually an ISO has everything, why would you need a cue file and wav files along side it?

Have you looked at Toast for mac? It's the Nero equivalent:

File Support
Audio: AAC, AIFF, MP3, WAV, M4A, OGG, FLAC, and Dolby Digital AC-3
Video:
AVI, DV, MOV, MPEG-1/2/4, DivX, XviD, VOB, VIDEO_TS folder, iMovie projects, EyeTV recordings, TiVoToGo transfers
Photo: BMP, GIF, PDF, PSD, PNG, TIFF
ISO, BIN/CUE, IMG, DMG, CDR, NRG

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/to.../features.html

schweb This has to be one of the best threads ever in MF history...
Cherokee This gets my vote for most innovative thread on Mac-Forums... ever.
QUOTE Thanks
Levi

Levi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD

I'd say calling Toast a Nero equivalent is an insult to Roxio.

Koalas: The mafia of the animal kingdom.

Now Powered By Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I'd say calling Toast a Nero equivalent is an insult to Roxio.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

You don't need ANY burning software to burn a bootable ISO image. I have done so myself, directly from Disk Utility. Is this what you are trying to do?

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Joe Redifer

Joe Redifer will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc

I think you all are not reading my post in its entirety. I want CUE+ISO+WAV (or AIF), not just ISO by itself. It needs to reassemble from a cuesheet. Toast cannot do this except with a BIN file (instead of ISO). The Cuesheet tells the burning program where the ISO goes (which is data) and where the audio tracks go (which is CD sound). Sometimes there is more than one ISO per disc interspersed with the CD audio files.

I have Toast. It is OK at best. Nero destroys it. I really do wish Nero was available on the Mac. I can run it in Boot Camp but I'd rather not have to worry about booting back and forth and options like parallels doesn't appeal to me.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

I would not say Nero Destroys Toast, but Nero is an Excellent burning program for Windows. On Windows Nero is a lot better (at least to me) than Roxio's Windows software. I have used Nero for years now in Windows. Toast does pretty much everything Nero does except what you are after. I have frankly never needed to do what you are trying to do so don't miss that part at all. I make Images all the time and Bin/Cue's. Don't know what to tell you as I have not seen what you are after in any burning program for OSX, at least not that I know of. Will do some checking around and get back to you if I find something for OSX that does what you are after.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« program to download a webpage and all linked pages? | Need of Advice »