New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Steam Crossover Major Game Issue (HELP!)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

trogal

trogal is on a distinguished road

Alright, so I succesfully installed Crossover for Mac. Then I sucessfully installed Steam on Crossover. But, whenever I open one of my games in my account, the screen goes black. I can still hear the Counter Strike menu clicking when I move my mouse, so it's probably a graphics issue. Here are some screenshots:

Steam!

Loading CS

BLACKNESS!!

When I try and quit Crossover
QUOTE Thanks
AK47

AK47 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD

I don't know that crossover is that powerful a program to run CS on a mac.
Try it on bootcamp.
QUOTE Thanks
smartyMAC

smartyMAC will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,

Is it supported officially on Crossover. For unsupported products it acts weirdly since the OS functions used by it might not be emulated by crossover. So check that out....
QUOTE Thanks
Ge64

Ge64 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro Santa Rosa 15" 2.4Ghz, 8600M GT 256MB Gfx, 2GB RAM

Even if Steam is supported on Crossover, the actual games might not be. Personally I don't think Crossover is made with games in mind, and afaik it doesn't support DirectX.

www.endlessparadigm.com - forum for fun people

Irssi, client of the future
QUOTE Thanks
trogal

trogal is on a distinguished road

Counter Strike 1.6 IS on their supported games list, and many of my friends who use Macintosh have been able to get it to work. I would rather not purchase Windows XP for Boot Camp, seeing as it costs $100+.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

You may get lucky enough that someone here is using Crossover to run this particular game, but you'll more than likely get much better support in their forums.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Safari - Pics won't load | .AVI file help »