New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

MAC Office Entourage 2008

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rjgruber

rjgruber is on a distinguished road

Reading all the reports on the upcoming release of Office MAC 08 and it looks good. Like the layout and new features. I was doing some looking around and I couldn't find any info on Entourage features. I was just wondering if anyone new if the 08 version of Entourage would FINALLY accept the import of PST files from Outlook.
QUOTE Thanks
MacDeac

MacDeac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD

Very little information has been released about Entourage. I haven't seen anything about the feature you mentioned.
QUOTE Thanks
MBNick

MBNick is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13.3" MacBook Black

I think they should make it cross-compatible with Outlook. Or maybe change the whole thing to Outlook. Isn't their a special Outlook attachment format?
QUOTE Thanks
hclincha

hclincha is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 17", Intel Core Duo

Methinks that Outlook import will be off the table. Anything that makes Windows -> Mac migration less of a pain in the *** is not going to be released by Microsoft. At least that's my take on it.
QUOTE Thanks
powermacj7

powermacj7 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Duo White

In regards to Entourage, all I have read or heard is better capabilities with exchange servers, etc. I like Outlook on windows with the start screen (showing appointments, etc) I doubt we would get anything close to that on the Mac version. I stopped using Entourage several years ago. Now with Pages, Numbers, and of course Keynote, it is hard to justify me buying the new office. I might just get Word, because I don't use PowerPoint, and Entourage, and rarely Excel.
QUOTE Thanks
knightjp

knightjp is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo w/ 4GB ram running OS X Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hclincha View Post
Methinks that Outlook import will be off the table. Anything that makes Windows -> Mac migration less of a pain in the *** is not going to be released by Microsoft. At least that's my take on it.
I agree....

Its not a good business strategy if ur gonna allow versions of your software for other platforms (i.e. Mac) to have the same features... You would need to keep the best features for your own platform so that others will be more convinced to stay or convert...

Microsoft has done the same thing with its Microsoft Messenger for mac... even the latest one does not have video or audio chat... and the windows version has had it for a long time now... This is how Microsoft plays and tries to keep the monopoly going with its OS... It knows it OS is crappy so it tries to get people hooked on applications and features that are only available with them and make people believe that we cannot live without those apps.
QUOTE Thanks
hclincha

hclincha is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 17", Intel Core Duo

Hopefully, the latest EU ruling will mandate them to open up their standards somewhat, and inform other software vendors how their protocols work. But I'm not sure that ruling includes office, or if it's just Windows.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Vuze\Azureus Forum? | Pages... Help »