New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

iMovie '08 ... iDon't Like it... Do you?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bryans83

bryans83 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo (Aluminum & Glass) 260 GB HD

okay, so I just converted to the world of Mac, mainly because for years I've wanted to but was waiting for my horrible excuse of a computer die, I had been using Pinacle studio.

Before I had a chance to check out iMovie 08 I looked over the reviews on the apple website and found that it is less than stellar, I always give the benifit of the doubt and make my own decision about such products. Pinacle was fairly simple to use and was a lot like iMovie 6 (to which i've seen several times) except iMovie was very easy to navigate, and just seemed more intuative.

After reading reviews and information I discovered that iMovie 08 was a complete redesign, not an improvement or upgrade, but a completely new program, I must say I hate it personally. The controls are cumbersome, confusing and just not friendly from other video editing software I've seen. Mac is aparently offering iMovie 6 HD to those who have installed iMovie 08, but does this include new iMac owners that had iLife 08 pre-installed?

What are your thoughts on the new iMovie?
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

I have not used video editing software for 10 years, until iMovie08. With a fresh set of eyes, I find iMovie incredibly awesome. Easy, Fast, Elegant. What's the problem =)
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I have played with iMovie '08 a little bit and find that some of the things in iMovie '06 are missing. iMovie '08 appears to be very much little iPhoto. In the new version I have not found out ow to add titles and short clips as of yet.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Frontrow: Browse pics without the slideshow?? | Riven/Myst »