New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mac Mail

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

airwalk331

airwalk331 is on a distinguished road

OK, so I get this kernel panic again and when I restarted my machine I try to open mail and get this message even though I had no problem with mail before:

"Mail cannot update your mailboxes because your home direstory is full. You must free up space in your home folder before using Mail. Delete unneeded documents or move documents to another volume."

The only option it gives me is to quit mail.

Somebody PLEASE HELP ME!!! How do I fix this???
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Well... it sounds like you need to free-up some HD space. Is your machine filled with Movies/music/pictures/etc??
QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

I have 85 gigs of free space, I'm pretty sure that's not the problem.

Whats my home directory?

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute

Your Home directory is your "Home" folder, or User folder...

Have you repaired permissions?
QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

I don't think so. I got this weird kernel panic (mac mail was open at the time though my screen saver was on) and had to restart then when I restarted it wouldn't let me open mail...

Would that matter? How can I fix it?
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

Go into Applications>>>Utilities Folder>>> Disk Utility, and repair the permissions.
QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

Didn't work. Any other suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

Someone PLEASE HELP!!!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Do you have your install DVD/CD that came with the machine? When you had that KP something got corrupted that is affecting mail. Try booting with the install DVD and run Disk Utility from there and click on the hard drive and click Repair. You boot holding down the "C" key.

See if that helps.
QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

OK, I'll try that when I get home from work tonight. I really hope this works.

It's pathetic how bad I need mac mail to work.
QUOTE Thanks
airwalk331

I found a fix on the apple support forums!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwalk331 View Post
I found a fix on the apple support forums!
Tell us what you found. It will help someone else down the line.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Steermouse help | ::Why Do I Get This Erros Message When I Sign Into Myspace On Safari?:: »