New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Really cool Quicksilver Trick I found... ALARM CLOCK

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

First, you need to "Enable Advanced Features" in the QS Preferences.

Then, go to "Catalog", and Click "Quicksilver" in the sidebar...

Now, check the "Proxy Objects"

Now, click the rescan icon in the lower-right corner of the Preferences window..

Close the Preferences.

On to the good stuff....

Music Alarm!!!

Invoke QS....

Go through the quick process of telling QS to play a specific song.. Itunes, browse, etc...

Instead of pressing ENTER to execute the command, press CTRL+ENTER.

You will now see "RUN" as the Action....

Press the RIGHT arrow... then scroll down to "Run at time..." Press TAB

Now enter the time.. 6:15am or 3:30pm whatever...

Press Enter.

Your song will begin playing at whatever time you designated.
(You can also use the "Run after delay" action followed by TAB, then type 1h 45m 10s... or whatever).

Want a TEXT pop-up reminder?

Invoke QS

type "." (period) to go into Text mode.

Type whatever you want: "visit mac forums" or "go get the kids" (no quotes needed.)

"Large Type" will already be the default action...

Press CTRL+ENTER

Press the Right Arrow

Select "run after delay" or "Run at time"

Enter the time or delay... press enter.

Viola!

This works with ANYTHING quicksilver can do... Open an app, open a URL, quit an app, terminal commands, etc...

Long live Quicksilver!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

Great.. Now I have this 20" iMac on my night table...Wife not impressed

Great tip Ride
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute

lol... I use it on my macbook to wake me up with a little Pink Floyd in the morning.

I also use it on my iMac to pop-up a message to my wife at random times during the day. ahhh, what a romantic!
QUOTE Thanks
Loricybin

Loricybin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black 13 in. MacBook, 2 GHz CPU, 2G RAM, 100GB HD

how do i get itunes to play a specific song through quicksilver?

QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loricybin View Post
how do i get itunes to play a specific song through quicksilver?

Envoke QS.

Type: Browse Artists (it will pick it up long before... probably after BR)

Press the Right arrow... then scroll/arrow/type down through your artists... when you get to the artist press the Right Arrow, then right arrow again through whatever album.... select the song you want. press TAB... Press Ctrl+Enter... then use the above directions... Run after delay, or run at time, etc.
QUOTE Thanks
CL33Zero

CL33Zero is a jewel in the roughCL33Zero is a jewel in the rough

Hmmm, interesting. What is this quicksilver in which you speak of?
QUOTE Thanks
TenderSurrender

TenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)

http://quicksilver.blacktree.com/

~~ TS ~~

JEMDNA Photography - Clicky to see latest work
“Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it.”
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

This alarm clock looks fun Ride

QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Cool - will QS wake from sleep as well?
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted1 View Post
This alarm clock looks fun Ride

Nice!!!

Quote:
Cool - will QS wake from sleep as well?
I have not figured out a way to do that... I use this QS alarm with my MacBook plugged in, and have my MacBook set the NEVER sleep the HD while plugged in... only sleep the display.
QUOTE Thanks
ILoveMyMacbook

ILoveMyMacbook is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: white Macbook, 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB RAM, 120GB hard drive

I know that this thread is old but I just found it now and this is soooooooo cool! Really nice trick.

White MacBook (see specs), switched in Dec 2007 and I've been in love ever since!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trying to log into the .Mac server “mail.mac.com” has failed | iTunes duplicated my music »