New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Office 2004 hookup

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Infamous_P

Infamous_P is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: black Macbook--2.16 Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 gb SDRAM, 160 gb HDD

I heard some students at colleges can get it for $50 or sumthin like that so if u can get it, PLEASE share the wealth

I just started classes @ Trident Technical and 2 of my classes use Word & Excel.

I can pay via PayPal or money order

lateeeee

Infamou$ [P]
[Macbook owner]
~2.16 Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 gb SDRAM, 160 gb HDD~
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Trident Technical College does qualify for a discount on Apple's Education Store. You can find it online via this page:

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Im...utingpage.html

You may also want to check with the school's Bookstore to see if they have any further discount.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Infamous_P

its showing up as $149.95 and my bookstore dosn't carry it because according to one of the employees "Macs are just a waste of time"

if anybody can get the program cheaper than $150, PLEASE hit me up--I'm darn near broke already from textbooks. My accounting book was $180 alone!

Infamou$ [P]
[Macbook owner]
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Soliciting someone to sell you educational licensed material when you don't qualify is against the EULA and illegal. Therefore, if you really don't qualify, you can't discuss it on this forum. I'm surprised this thread didn't get shut down by now!

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Just look for it on eBay.
QUOTE Thanks
Infamous_P

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Soliciting someone to sell you educational licensed material when you don't qualify is against the EULA and illegal. Therefore, if you really don't qualify, you can't discuss it on this forum. I'm surprised this thread didn't get shut down by now!
what are you talking about dude? I go FULL-TIME to school @ Trident Technical College, the bookstore DOSN'T SELL IT--god can u read!?

and how is it illegal if I'm buying it from somebody else that bought it? so if I ask somebody to sell me a CD, is that illegal too? dude you make NO SENSE and thanks for not contributing anything worthwhile to this thread

Infamou$ [P]
[Macbook owner]
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

What he meant was that in order to get a product at a price point reserved for a particular university, you must be enrolled at that specific university to be eligible for it. Often, you have to agree not to sell the product. So buying it from somebody who gets it cheaper at another school would technically be illegal.

Since the Student and Teacher edition of Office 2004 doesn't really enforce the aforementioned policy, your best bet would be to find a copy on eBay or a used copy from somebody who paid full price for it.

One final note. Running your mouth like that isn't a great way to start college.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
MacDeac

MacDeac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous_P View Post
its showing up as $149.95 and my bookstore dosn't carry it because according to one of the employees "Macs are just a waste of time"

if anybody can get the program cheaper than $150, PLEASE hit me up--I'm darn near broke already from textbooks. My accounting book was $180 alone!
$125 on Amazon.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
What he meant was that in order to get a product at a price point reserved for a particular university, you must be enrolled at that specific university to be eligible for it. Often, you have to agree not to sell the product. So buying it from somebody who gets it cheaper at another school would technically be illegal.
Exactly! Thanks.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Infamous_P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
One final note. Running your mouth like that isn't a great way to start college.
got your PM and thanks...and this is NOT my first year @ college, I just moved to SC and was too late to apply for the SC Lottery Financial Aid fund

therefore, I'm paying near my entire tuition out-of-pocket

so I got a reason to be a little bit upset

Infamou$ [P]
[Macbook owner]
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iChat AIM help | Steermouse help »