New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mac Word? PAY!?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chronic

chronic is an unknown at this point

AM i right in thinking i need to purchase word for my macbook?

It say i get a 28 day free trial, i just spent under agrand buyg this laptop, now it want me to pay to type a letter?
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

If you absolutely want Microsoft Word, then yes you will need to pay for it.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
bcooper0125

bcooper0125 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini | 2.0GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD ||| Black MacBook | 2.16GHz C2D | 2GB RAM

It would be the same on a Windows machine. They only include the demo. Download a free Office-like suite if you don't like that...
QUOTE Thanks
chronic

chronic is an unknown at this point

I just wanna be able to type my lyrics, and save them....
QUOTE Thanks
Craig

Craig is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.83 MacBook 2GB RAM

Then use textedit that is on your Mac. Or download one of the many free text editors available online.

Microsoft Office apps are expensive, for Windows and Mac users alike. But they also are way more powerful than is required for someone just wanting to type some lyrics.
QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

If you need the features of Word, try the free NeoOffice. Very capable, and compatible with Windows as well. No sense in paying big bucks for something you can get for free.
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

Yes, get NeoOffice. Don't pay MS a penny.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks
alaceo

alaceo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" 2.0GHz C2D iMac, 2.5GB RAM || 2GHz C2D Macbook White, 2GB RAM || PowerMac G4 533MHz, 1GB RAM

If you want something very light weight for writing lyrics, I'd also recommend checking out Bean. It has no extra bulk, is very fast, and provides a low-distraction interface. I use it myself for doing anything creative so I can work without bells and whistles surrounding my text.
QUOTE Thanks
cNK

cNK has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: WhiteBook (2.16GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - OS X Tiger)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcooper0125 View Post
It would be the same on a Windows machine. They only include the demo. Download a free Office-like suite if you don't like that...
Not really. The vast majority of PC come loaded with Office Suite...
I felt the same way when I just got my Macbook... I spent $1500, I thought MS Office would come pre-installed (as it was on my iMac @ work last year.) Well I guess it's understandable to have to purchase a MS product on a Mac.
Anyway MS Office found its way on my HD, I just use Word, Excel and PP.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cNK View Post
Not really. The vast majority of PC come loaded with Office Suite...
In what universe? Most PCs in retail stores come "loaded" with MS Works. A few might include Office, but they are in the extreme minority.

Most business PCs have an option to include Office, but you pay for it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Omniform Replacement? Scan in forms and fill them out, then print them? | iPhoto clone »