New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Macbook - Have to have Yahoo Premium?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

A5HLEY

A5HLEY is on a distinguished road

I recently purchased a Macbook, and was told by a friend (who happens to know more about computers than I ever will) that if I wanted my mail to work directly through the mail app, I had to upgrade my yahoo to yahoo premium.

All was well until I purchased my iPhone, and set it up with my premium account. Suddenly, it took 30 minutes for someone to recieve an email from me (if they recieved it at all), while I recieved outside email immediately. I had a hunch that it had something to do with the fact that I was using Yahoo Premium, so I tried it using my other, regular Yahoo account. Big surprise -- it worked fine.

So my question is, do I have to continue using Yahoo Premium in order for the mail app to work properly with my Macbook? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5HLEY View Post
I recently purchased a Macbook, and was told by a friend (who happens to know more about computers than I ever will) that if I wanted my mail to work directly through the mail app, I had to upgrade my yahoo to yahoo premium.

All was well until I purchased my iPhone, and set it up with my premium account. Suddenly, it took 30 minutes for someone to recieve an email from me (if they recieved it at all), while I recieved outside email immediately. I had a hunch that it had something to do with the fact that I was using Yahoo Premium, so I tried it using my other, regular Yahoo account. Big surprise -- it worked fine.

So my question is, do I have to continue using Yahoo Premium in order for the mail app to work properly with my Macbook? Thanks.
That is correct - to download yahoomail you need to upgrade to Premium otherwise you have to view it thru your browser. I had Premium Yahoo for a couple of years but when I got my Mac I dropped it and switched to .mac instead. It is not really that much - around $20.00 per year if I remember correctly.
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

As long as you have pop3 access with your regular yahoo account you can use it with mail.
QUOTE Thanks
localfruit

localfruit is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook intel core duo 2.0GHz, 2 GB Ram

Yea, you have to go up to the premium...that's exactly what I did. It's only $20 a year, but, it's always nice not having to pay for it. If you haven't had the yahoo for too long, go ahead and get an AOL account. AOL accounts work seamlessly with Mail app, and costs you nothing. In fact, AOL is able to let you use iChat for free as well...

Good Luck!!! And congrats on the Macbook...
QUOTE Thanks
shmendall

shmendall is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMAC 20"!! WOOH YEAH!! 2gb ram - 250gb hd 2.16ghz core 2 duo

ive got a great email account thats free, with pop access, so i can use mail.app

I got it from bluebottle.com
I havent got ANY junk with them yet

Diana F+
HOLGA 135
Actionsampler
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

MacFreePOPs can be setup to deliver your Yahoo Mail (and many other Web mail types) directly to Mail.app without having to upgrade to a "premium" account. It works great, although you will have to follow the directions closely to get it working. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...cfreepops.html

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iwork 06 or microsoft office? | The Sims game(Error code 17) »