New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Your Favorite Application

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 — Tiger and OS 9

QuarkXpress, but Version 4.11 that runs on OS 9. I use it less and less for page layout, so I'd never update the thing. But I also use it as a word processor to write letters (I still write quite a few, to relatives here and there who don't have computers).

The app is like a comfortable old shoe, and the recipients love the illustrations I include throughout.

But my old Epson 740 dropped dead the day before yesterday, so I dunno if I'll ever find a printer with OS 9 drivers. And if I move to an Intel Mac, I'll be up the creek for good.
QUOTE Thanks
Sandwichman

Sandwichman will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD

Quicksilver- God Bless the Keyboard. Every time I save myself a click (or two or three!) launching an application, switching to hidden apps without the dock, or moving a file I can do the task that much faster.

Sitting, waiting, wishing...
QUOTE Thanks
macbookdabest

macbookdabest has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!

the new safari 3.0
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Skitch is really handy due to the fact that you can just upload it to your image storage account with a single click and it even gives you a html formatted link you can just paste in...

The UI takes a bit of getting used to though - it's not very intuitive IMO.

As for my fav app - I'd probably say iTunes or one by my company... but as for other 3rd party software I'd say probably Subethaedit.
QUOTE Thanks
ukmac

ukmac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
I'm definitely looking forward to skitch. Alas, I haven't been invited to the beta yet, but I'm patiently waiting.
Are you still looking for an invite for Skitch ? I have one if you'd like it ?

Cheers

--
Scott Paterson
http://ukmac.net
QUOTE Thanks
gomez1018

gomez1018 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram

For me it is either quicksilver or desktop manager. Both are very powerful tools.
QUOTE Thanks
jdgti

jdgti will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmac View Post
Are you still looking for an invite for Skitch ? I have one if you'd like it ?

Cheers
Can I have one?!! That would be awesome, I want to see what all the talk is about.
QUOTE Thanks
ukmac

ukmac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgaines View Post
Can I have one?!! That would be awesome, I want to see what all the talk is about.
Hi, drop me a comment on my blog post at http://ukmac.net/?p=80 and I will sort you out an invite.

Cheers

--
Scott Paterson
http://ukmac.net
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« modem on a MBP | Adobe Programs, Type & File Saving for Print »