New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Starship Titanic on OS X (or even Vista)?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mr Blue Sky

Mr Blue Sky is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: intel iMac 20" monitor, OS X 10.4

Last year, for my birthday, my Parents bought me Starship Titanic, a game that I had enjoyed immensly at my grandparents' house. I ran it on Windows XP on my laptop with no problems (except I had to get a video codec patch). Now I am running Vista on my Intel iMac and I was wondering... Is there a way I can run Starship Titanic on Vista (I got to autorun and when I press "Install" it has a taskbar icon for the setup but it doesn't actually appear... If you need screenshots just ask), or can I run the Macintosh version on OS X? Please help, because I am really confuzzled on this one.

"I don't have ADD, it's just that OOH LOOK, A BUNNY!!!!!!!"

Teh L33t 15 4 teh g33k5 4nd 3v3ry1 3153 15 5cr3w3d
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

The info on the web seems to suggest that it is an older game, and that the ability to run it on XP required the Codec Patch you mentioned... It looks to me that the game isn't ready for Vista.

The Mac version is a PowerPC version according to this (CLICK!)... but because the game is not at all requirement heavy, I would guess it would run fine under Rosetta on your Intel Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

I played it last on 10.3.9 and it ran. Rosetta is your only chance since you are on an Intel-based Mac, like RIDE said.
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Blue Sky

Mr Blue Sky is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: intel iMac 20" monitor, OS X 10.4

sweet, thanks
I'll research Rosetta (Something tells me I'm sounding stupid for not knowing what it is...) and check it out.

"I don't have ADD, it's just that OOH LOOK, A BUNNY!!!!!!!"

Teh L33t 15 4 teh g33k5 4nd 3v3ry1 3153 15 5cr3w3d
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Rosetta. And for a bit more info, here is Wikipedia's entry for Rosetta.

It's already on your Mac.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HP Laserjet Utility | Safari only crashes on this website »